- A term referring to something that can be easily inspected by the public
- Something that is protected by an official authority specifically granted by a governmental document
- Pertains to matters dealing with the allocation of patents, especially in relation to inventions
- An attribute describing something easily noticeable or comprehensible
- A formal piece of documentation that awards certain privileges or rights
- A privilege given to an inventor, or their successors, barring others from making, using or selling an invention for a specified duration
- A written legal document that safeguards such an exclusive right
- An invention that has exclusive rights protected by legal documentation
- A legal document signifying the transfer or allocation of public property
- The action of securing exclusive rights to something with the help of a formal document
- The unique design of the wheel was secured under a patent.
- The inventor received a patent, thereby gaining the exclusive right to manufacture and sell the innovative product.
- With the legal formalities completed, the company was ready to patent its ground-breaking technology.