- Refers to a situation, issue or item that is yet to be resolved or decided
- Connected or associated with the concept of pendent jurisdiction or pendent party jurisdiction, which pertains to a court's authority to adjudicate claims that are closely related to but not within its primary jurisdiction
- The matter was left pendent as the court adjourned for the day.
- The judge exercised pendent jurisdiction over the defendant's claims.
- Given the case’s circumstances, the pendent party jurisdiction was also involved.