- Relating to or arising out of permission or consent
- Denotes the discretionary authority or leniency granted by a court or legal entity
- Refers to an action or rule that is not mandatory or obligatory
- Pertaining to a rule or standard that allows for discretionary choices or options
- Applicable in circumstances where rules of civil proceedings give leeway for issues unrelated to the primary claim
- The permissive nature of the regulation allowed the business to operate in non-conforming zones.
- The permissive clause in the contract gave her the freedom to opt out if she wanted.
- The judge made a permissive ruling that enabled the introduction of new evidence unrelated to the initial case.