- Pertains to or involves a specific individual, their characteristics or circumstances
- Based on the presence or existence of an individual
- Limited to an individual and his or her life, rights, responsibilities, belongings or duration of life
- Refers to objects or belongings owned by an individual rather than real estate
- The manager was accused of violating personal rights of the employees.
- The detective found personal belongings at the crime scene which helped them solve the case.
- The contract included a clause that deals with personal responsibilities.