- The act of using someone else's ideas or words and presenting them as if they were one's own without giving proper credit to the original source
- The act of debuting a work or idea that originates from an existing source as if it were fresh and unique
- The student got expelled from the university when it was discovered that they plagiarized their final paper.
- Authors must be careful not to plagiarize, as even unintentional copying can result in legal consequences.
- The newspaper editor faced serious backlash for failing to dismiss a journalist who was found to plagiarize in several articles.