- A place or sensorial perception area where something can be clearly seen
- A legal rule allowing law enforcement to search, seize, and use evidence without a warrant if the evidence is clearly visible during a lawful procedure and they have reasonable cause to think it's incriminating
- The police officer, from his position, was able to see the illicit items in plain view on the suspect's car seat.
- The stolen goods were in plain view when the officers entered the premises on a separate warrant issue.
- Because the contraband was in plain view, the police were able to seize it without needing a search warrant.