- A declaration by a party in a legal case, stating their position or response to a claim in a civil lawsuit
- The specific response given by a defendant to a plaintiff's accusations in a civil lawsuit
- The formal response given by an accused individual in response to a criminal charge brought against them
- The admission of guilt by a defendant in a legal proceedings
- A sincere and intense request, often used in legal contexts
- The defendant’s plea asserts that he was not involved in the alleged incident.
- In response to the criminal charge, the accused made a plea of not guilty.
- Despite the legal complexities, the innocent man’s plea for justice was made with passionate earnestness.