- Declare a statement in a legal case or proceeding
- Present a particular argument or defense in a legal case
- Assert a point or argument in a legal filing, such as a motion or brief
- Present a reason to justify or excuse an action in a legal context
- The defendant decided to plead guilty to the charges brought against him.
- In the ongoing case, the plaintiff would not plead negligence, opting for strict liability instead.
- Due to circumstances beyond his control, he decided to plead his innocence on the account of accident.