- A formal statement provided by each party involved in a legal process, which outlines their respective claims, affirmations, allegations, denials, or defenses
- The specific assertions, affirmations, accusations, denials, or defenses that are presented in a formal legal statement
- The procedure or method by which parties in a legal proceeding present their respective allegations
- The defense's pleading in the trial detailed their argument about the plaintiff's accusations.
- All the aspects of the case, from claims to denials, were included in the final pleading.
- The lawyer was well versed in the art of pleading, adeptly presenting his client's allegations.