- This term refers to anything associated with the general populace or public
- It's a term used to describe something that concerns all individuals in a nation or state, rather than a specific group or class
- It's used to describe something that is believed to be based on the collective will or preference of the people
- The new law was very popular and hence, garnered public support easily.
- The popular decision was to increase funding for public schools.
- The popular vote sometimes mirrors the will of the people.