- The state or condition of having control or ownership of an item
- The state in which an individual physically has and controls an item
- The situation where an individual doesn't physically have an item but can still exercise control over it
- The ability to knowingly exercise control and authority over prohibited items such as contraband
- The condition where an individual holds or enjoys using a tangible item
- The exercise of power and control over a property
- A case where an item is controlled, occupied, or owned
- Based on clues found at the crime scene, investigators believe the culprit had possession of the stolen artifacts.
- For a possession charge to stand, the prosecution must prove that the defendant had knowing control over the substances involved.
- From the lease agreement, it was evident that the tenant had possession of the property.