- The entitlement to be settled or paid before other debts are discharged
- Modification of an insolvent debtor's property rights favoring a creditor to settle a past debt, resulting in the creditor acquiring more than they would have during a bankruptcy settlement
- The landlord established a preference for his property loan by structuring the agreement.
- Due to the preference of certain creditors, they received a larger portion of the debtor's assets.
- The preference in the debt payment gave some creditors an unfair advantage.