- Referring to an action or condition that can influence unfavorable outcomes
- Involving a potential to harm or restrict someone's legal rights
- Inducing conclusions or judgments on unwarranted grounds
- The lawyer argued that the evidence was prejudicial and should not be allowed in court.
- The judge found the comments of the witness to be prejudicial, thereby influencing the jury's viewpoint.
- The appellate court decided that the lower court made a prejudicial error, warranting a retrial of the case.