- Refers to things or subjects that have been mentioned or stated before
- The initial section of a deed, where a detailed description of the related property is provided
- The initial part of a complaint in equity, wherein the key facts are stated, the wrongs are identified, and the defendants are named
- A piece of land along with all its associated elements, such as buildings
- The premises of the agreement were clear and all parties acknowledged them.
- In the premises of the deed, the old farmhouse and the adjacent barn were included.
- The premises of the equity bill clearly mentioned the violations and identified the defendants.
- The premises encompassed both the office building and surrounding parking lot.