- The act of asserting a claim to a title or a right to something, such as an easement, over a period of time
- The process by which an obligation or right becomes invalid due to the passage of time
- The action of establishing a principle or guideline with authority
- The process of prohibiting enforcement of something due to the lapse of a specified time period
- The homeowner sought to prescribe the alleyway behind their home as their own, having used it for several years.
- The unpaid debt could no longer be collected as the statute of limitations to prescribe had passed.
- The board of directors can prescribe rules for the company to ensure smooth operations.
- The court cannot take any action on the case due to the prescribe time period.