- The process of presenting a formal report or issue to an individual or group in charge to take necessary action
- The act of presenting a legal document, like a negotiable instrument, that requires acceptance and payment by another party. It also involves demanding payment from the party who is legally liable for the payment, on behalf of the certificate's holder
- The bank proceeded with the presentment of the check for clearance and payment.
- The bondholder was determined to make a presentment for payment upon maturity of the bond.
- The discussion in the town meeting led to a presentment being filed with the local enforcement authorities.