- A term used to describe something that appears to be true upon initial observation, without taking into consideration any other evidence or information
- Used to indicate that something is enough to be considered as proof of a fact or a particular case, unless countered or contested
- Based on the initial report, there was a prima facie evidence of negligence.
- The property documents provided a prima facie case of ownership.
- The team found prima facie violations of the safety protocol during the inspection.