- The principle of making one thing more important or significant than others in a situation in which rights over the same matter are involved
- The situation of being given more importance over others when exercising rights over the same subject
- Pertaining to the principle of assigning importance in a sequence, especially when dealing with rights over the same subject
- The earlier filed patent was given priority over the later ones.
- In case of multiple creditors, the senior debt has priority.
- In a bankruptcy case, priority of claims is determined according to the established laws.