- A perk, entitlement, or immunity given as a unique benefit, profit, or favor
- An immunity from legal responsibility when a deed is considered justifiable (like in instances of self-defense) or due to the demands of a particular role or position
- Exemption from the obligation to disclose information in a legal context due to a confidential relationship or job
- Something specially sanctioned or conferred as an act of discretion that may be constrained or withdrawn
- An entitlement of a creditor due to the nature of a debt to have precedence over the debtor's other lenders
- Any of various essential rights regarded as particularly protected to all individuals by a constitution
- The judge ruled that she did not have the privilege to withhold information since she was not a licensed attorney.
- In bankruptcy proceedings, secured creditors often exercise their privilege over other creditors to claim the debtor's assets.
- The Constitution guarantees certain privilege and immunities to each citizen, ensuring the protection of individual rights.