- The legal process through which a court validates a deceased person's will, confirming its authenticity
- A court's official decision confirming a will's validity
- An officially verified copy of a will that has gone through the probate process
- Issues or cases that are within the authority of a court specialized in wills and estates
- The act of validating a will's authenticity through the probate process
- The action of granting probation to a convicted offender
- The action of substituting a criminal's sentence with probation
- After his father's death, Jack had to go through the probate process to validate the will.
- The rigors of probate can be lessened by having a clearly written and legally sound will.
- The judge decided to probate the offender, considering the offender's remorse and willingness to reform.