- Relates to a product, process, or invention protected by exclusive legal rights granted to the original creator or owner
- Refers to something held as personal property of a private entity or person
- Characterizes the behaviors, interests, or rights of an owner
- Relates to something that is exclusive to one person or entity by virtue of legal privilege
- Pertains to a privately-owned organization operated with the aim of generating profit
- The company has patented their groundbreaking technology, making it proprietary.
- The storefront was simply a proprietary business, concealing their true acts of intelligence gathering.
- The artwork held in the museum was proprietary, owned solely by a private individual.
- As a small business owner, he had proprietary interest in the success of his shop.
- Their software program is proprietary, as it was developed and is exclusively used by their organization.
- The hospital is a proprietary organization, functioning to generate profit.
- The municipal park renovations were seen as a proprietary act, raising the overall value of the municipality.