- The act of initiating and pursuing a legal action against someone to address a wrongdoing or to punish a crime
- The process of starting and continuing a lawsuit related to a specific matter
- The initiation and continuation of a legal proceeding, either civil or criminal in nature
- The attorney decided to prosecute a case against the company for environmental damage.
- The district attorney's office is set to prosecute the felony charges.
- If the plaintiff chooses to prosecute, they must prepare for a lengthy trial process.