- Pertaining to something that is anticipated to occur in the future
- Refers to an event or situation that is likely to take place or happen
- Describes something or someone that has the potential to become a certain thing or reach a particular state
- The new policy has prospective effects, meaning it will not impact previous cases.
- The prospective acquisition of the company is already causing major changes in the stock market.
- The young athlete showed prospective talent, indicating a bright future in basketball.