- A statement used to meet a present need; sufficient for the current situation but can be altered or revoked in the future
- Refers to temporary legal actions or proceedings permitted before a final decision to safeguard the interests of one or more parties involved in a legal matter
- The board agreed to the provisional terms pending further discussion.
- The judge issued a provisional injunction to prevent further harm while the case was still under deliberation.
- The defendant requested a provisional sequestration of his assets until a final judgment was rendered.