- The practice of representing another person as an authorized agent or stand-in
- The empowerment or permission to take actions on behalf of someone else
- A legal document empowering a person to act as an agent for somebody else
- An individual granted the power to make decisions or take actions for somebody else
- An object or concept that serves as a substitute for or represents something else
- The board member sent her proxy to the meeting in her stead.
- The power of attorney document serves as a proxy, enabling the individual to manage the other's financial affairs.
- Since the investor was abroad, he used a proxy to vote for him in the shareholders' meeting.