- A piece of land that is under the direct ownership of the government
- The status of ideas, artworks, or inventions that are not protected by copyright or patent laws and are freely available for anyone to use without needing permission
- The park is considered to be in the public domain, so anyone is free to use it.
- Since the image is in the public domain, it can be used without having to pay royalties or asking for permission.
- Public domain laws allow the free use of information that has no protection rights.