- A law passed by a legislature that impacts the entire population within its jurisdiction, or a specific subdivision within that jurisdiction
- A branch of law concerning individuals' interactions with the state and outlining how the government should function
- A branch of international law that governs the interactions between sovereign states or nations
- The construction of a new highway was made possible through a public law.
- Under public law, a government agency can't deny services without a valid reason.
- Public law dictates the rule for diplomatic interactions between countries.