- The act or an instance of inflating, typically in the context of promoting oneself or a product
- A declaration that is intentionally overstated or exaggerated, often commonly used in advertising or promotion
- The manager was accused of puff when he claimed the product could perform better than its specifications.
- The advertisement's puff was considered misleading because it exaggerated the capabilities of the toy.
- The company can be held liable for false advertising if its puff can't be substantiated with evidence.