- Refers to something that is not combined with anything else
- Describes something that is free of any dirt, contamination, or impurities
- Indicates something that only exists in its own state or nature, without the influence or addition of anything else
- The court ruled that the substance in question was not pure, as it contained traces of other elements.
- The plaintiff claimed that the water provided by the defendant was not pure, but contaminated.
- The law specifically outlined that only pure gold could be used in the production of certain items.