- A structure of holding companies where each company on top has control over the ones below it, allowing the company at the summit to have sway over all the others with a minor investment
- A series of operations enacted when engaging in pyramid trading on an exchange
- A deceptive economic strategy where new participants’ payments are used to benefit those who are already part of the scheme
- A speculative practice in which theoretical profits are used as the basis for additional trading activities in securities or commodities
- A speculative activity in which profits are employed to escalate the scale of one's investment
- The practice of enhancing the burden of a tax levied at the production level on the final consumer by considering it as a cost and adding it to the selling price
- A term describing an unlawful plan wherein people contribute money or assets in hopes of gaining profits from recruiting new participants into the plan
- She was accused of running a pyramid scheme that defrauded countless individuals.
- The investor used his paper profits to pyramid his positions in the stock market, causing concern among the regulators.
- A unique feature of their business model is their use of pyramid structure of holding companies, allowing them to control a vast number of subsidiary firms with a relatively small investment.