- This term refers to a claim based on an unspoken agreement that payment will be made in return for services or materials given
- This term is a legal principle allowing compensation for services or materials delivered even in the absence of a formal agreement, as long as the recipient used and accepted them with an awareness that payment was expected
- The judge ruled in favor of the construction company based on quantum meruit, as they had provided valuable resources and labor despite the lack of a formal contract.
- In the absence of a concrete agreement, the freelance designer brought a quantum meruit claim for the branding work done for the company.
- The court declared that the gardener could seek payment based on quantum meruit principle, despite the absence of an explicit contract to pay for maintaining the property.