- A form of coercion where money or a benefit is unlawfully obtained through threat or force
- A sequence of unlawful activities, such as extortion or homicide, undertaken to support a business, which is managed or controlled by those participating in these illicit acts
- In the trial, the prosecutor presented evidence of racketeering, including threats and coercion used by the defendants to extort money from local businesses.
- The detective spent years investigating the complex network of racketeering that funneled funds into the criminal enterprise.
- He was arrested and charged with racketeering for his involvement in organized crime.