- An established correspondence between two elements or quantities
- A predetermined cost associated according to a specific scale or measure
- A per-unit cost for goods or services provided by a public utility
- A fixed cost per unit for passenger or freight service
- A rate used to determine the charges for property taxes
- The measure of one element or quantity compared to another
- The price to be paid, determined based on a reference amount
- The rate of income tax was calculated based on the individual's annual earnings.
- Electricity bills vary based on the rate charged for energy usage.
- The city implemented a new rate for water usage to encourage conservation.