- The act of formally declaring or asserting something to be true or valid once again
- The process of formally agreeing to repay a debt that can be eliminated prior to the elimination of all debts in a bankruptcy situation
- The debtor chose to reaffirm their car loan to avoid having the car repossessed.
- Even after declaring bankruptcy, they chose to reaffirm their commitment to repaying their student loans.
- Before completing the bankruptcy process, it was necessary to reaffirm any debts they wished to continue paying.