- The act of transforming an asset into liquid cash
- The process of receiving or suffering a gain or loss, often following the sale, exchange or any form of disposition of an asset
- It might take some time to realize the profits from the sale of the antique furniture.
- Due to the volatile market conditions, they had to realize a significant loss on the property they sold.
- It was a difficult decision, but they had to sell off their valuable artwork collection to realize funds for their urgent needs.