- An official reply provided by a defendant in response to a claimant's additional denial or argument
- A person or party that offers a counter-argument or denial
- The defense used the opportunity of the rebutter to refute the claims of the plaintiff's surrejoinder.
- He proved his effectiveness as a rebutter when he dispelled all allegations against his client in the courtroom.
- In our legal strategy, we will assign a strong rebutter to counteract any additional arguments put forth by the opposition.