- The act of seizing something that was once under control, once again
- The act of gaining back or taking possession of something, as sanctioned by law or mutual agreement
- A procedure or operation that involves recovering something previously controlled or possessed
- A figured quantity or value that has been regained or taken back
- The law enforcement agency managed to recapture the escaped convict within 48 hours.
- In the contract, they agreed to a clause that allowed the company to recapture any excess profits made beyond the stipulated limit.
- The recapture of the capital was seen as a major victory in the war.
- The company successfully executed a recapture of its intellectual property rights from the infringing entity.