reckless disregard of the truth
- A situation where a person dismisses the truth or authenticity of a potentially false or defaming statement, even though they are likely aware of its possible inaccuracy or question its veracity, especially when there are clear reasons to doubt the reliability and accuracy of the source
- An irresponsible neglect for the truth that misleads or deceives another person, such as a magistrate, demonstrating a carelessness for genuine representation
- Her statements in the press demonstrated a reckless disregard of the truth, causing significant harm to the company's reputation.
- The magistrate noted the defendant's reckless disregard of the truth during the investigation.
- The journalist was accused of reckless disregard of the truth when publishing the allegations without verifying the source.