- The process or act in which something that was lost or damaged is restored or made better
- The successful acquisition, reinstatement or defense of a legal right or property via a decree or judgment
- The financial sum that is awarded or procured as an outcome of a legal decree or judgment
- After the automobile accident, the victim sought recovery from the other party's insurance company.
- The city is working on the recovery of the historical buildings that were damaged in the earthquake.
- In the court ruling, the recovery awarded to the plaintiff was significantly higher than anticipated.