- The act of protesting against a judge for alleged bias or conflict of interest in a particular legal matter
- The action of making a judge or official ineligible to participate in a procedure due to suspected bias or a conflict of interest
- If there is evidence of a conflict of interest, a lawyer may request the judge to recuse themselves from the case.
- The official had to recuse himself from the proceedings when a potential conflict of interest arose.
- Due to personal connections with the accused, the judge decided to recuse herself from the trial.