- The process of buying back an item, not publicly but through a specific legal right
- The release of a pledge or lien through the full repayment of the amount secured by it
- The act of fulfilling a mortgage debt through full payment after a default, but before the foreclosure becomes effective, thereby restoring the ownership status of the real property
- The act of buying back a property within a legal time frame in order to cancel the effect of a foreclosure or sale
- The act of settling a payment obligation when it becomes due
- The act of presenting something, like a voucher or certificate, for the purpose of having it exchanged
- The act of trading something for a different item of value
- The act of reclaiming ownership over something, such as real estate
- The company decided to redeem its bonds earlier than expected.
- After paying off his mortgage, John was able to redeem his property before the bank foreclosed it.
- Lisa was able to redeem her coupon for a free coffee at the local café.