- The act of removing or lifting an obligation, liability, or responsibility
- Surrendering a claim, title, or right for the benefit of someone else
- The action of setting someone or something free from being confined
- The process of being discharged from an obligation or responsibility, removing the possibility of legal action
- The process of giving up or renouncing a right or claim, thereby preventing any legal action
- An action or formal document that brings about a release
- The process of freeing, particularly from custody or confinement
- The company decided to release the employee from his contract early.
- After reaching a settlement, she elected to release the title to the property.
- Once the judgement was made, the court order was directed at the prison to release the accused.