- The act of transferring a case from one court back to a lower court or an administrative agency
- A court order that puts an accused individual back into custody while waiting for a trial, or continues the detention of a prisoner
- Process of sending a case back to a lower court or other judicial body for further action
- The actual procedure of transferring a case back to the original jurisdiction or the circumstance of a case or person being transferred
- The formal court order instructing that a case or individual be transferred back to a different or original jurisdiction
- The judge decided to remand the case to the lower court for reconsideration on some points.
- In light of new evidence, the accused was remanded back into custody pending the reopening of their trial.
- After the discovery of an administrative error, an order was issued to remand the prisoner back to detention.