- A solution provided by the law to enforce a right or to correct a wrong. This can take a variety of forms including financial compensation, returning of lost property, ordering a particular action, or preventing certain behavior
- The act of addressing a legal problem or violation
- The remedy for the breach of contract was financial compensation to the harmed party.
- The court granted an injunction as a remedy to prevent the construction company from further damaging the environment.
- The new regulation serves as a remedy for past discriminatory hiring practices.