- The act of freeing someone from guilt or a penalty
- Choosing not to impose a requirement or duty
- The act of canceling or not imposing something, such as a punishment or penalty
- The process of referring a matter to another entity for consideration, decision, or action
- Returning something or someone to their previous state or condition
- The transfer of money to someone or somewhere, usually in response to a request or obligation
- The process of sending money as part of a transaction
- The judge decided to remit the remaining community service hours due to the defendant’s good behavior.
- The bank was expected to remit the funds to the correct account after the error was discovered.
- After careful review, the board chose to remit the issue to a subcommittee for further consideration.