- An individual who conveys information and events
- A person who is authorized to give formal statements and publications regarding court decisions or legislative events
- A person who creates a compressed written record of a speech or an ongoing event
- The reporter diligently noted every detail of the city council meeting.
- The reporter's publication on the recent court decision was comprehensive and accurate.
- As a reporter, her responsibility was to make a shorthand record of the proceedings, ensuring that none of the details were missed.