- A person or entity appointed to act on behalf of another or others
- A person who acts on behalf of another with their given authority and power
- In the context of a democratic government, a person who is elected by people to make decisions on their behalf
- Pertaining to the activities and responsibilities of one who represents others
- A person chosen to act and speak on behalf of others within a specific scope or role
- A member of a legislative or other governing body selected by constituents to act on their behalf
- A person or entity authorized to act on behalf of another as an agent, proxy, or delegate, with the authority vested by the principal
- In the context of estates or trusts, a person who is appointed to act in place of a deceased person
- An individual who legally succeeds another and assumes their rights, obligations, or property
- In class action lawsuits, an individual designated as the plaintiff or defendant who litigates on behalf of the entire class affected
- The court appointed a representative to manage the affairs of the minor.
- The shareholders elected a representative to speak on their behalf at the annual general meeting.
- In a class-action lawsuit, a representative is selected to represent the interest of all the plaintiffs involved.