- Requisition refers to the action of a public authority acquiring property for public purposes, often involving the practice of eminent domain
- It's also a formal request by one jurisdiction like a nation to another, asking for the return or extradition of a person who has escaped justice, typically under an extradition treaty
- The local government will place a requisition on the private land to build the new highway.
- The police made a requisition to the foreign authorities for the return of the escaped convict.
- The property owner was upset when he received a notice of requisition for his beachfront property.