- The act of taking back or invalidating something that was previously established or agreed upon
- The act of canceling a contract or deal due to reasons such as fraud, force, error, illegal activities, or any sufficient justification, with the parties involved returning to their pre-contractual state
- The termination or invalidation of something by an authority equal to or higher than the one which originally established it
- The act of canceling or voiding something, often a contract or agreement
- Due to the fraud identified, the company had to rescind the contract.
- The university had the power to rescind the admission offer if they found out about the applicant's misrepresented information.
- If a misrepresentation is found in the deal, the buyer has the right to rescind the transaction.