- The act of setting something aside for a future use or purpose
- The process by which a property owner creates a new shared right or interest, such as a right of way, in the property that they have given to someone else
- An area of publicly-owned land that is specifically set aside for activities like wilderness preservation or recreational use
- A specific area of land that is set aside for use by a Native American tribe
- The county made a reservation of land to preserve the natural habitat of local wildlife.
- The property owner's contract included a reservation that allowed them to maintain a right of way across the land they sold to their neighbor.
- The federal government has established many national park reservations to protect natural resources.
- The reservation was established to honor the native tribe's historical connection to the land.